Friday, October 21, 2005

To be or not to be??????????????

Recently while I was having my lunch with my friend in a small mess, I heard two elderly gents having a conversation. One of them is a freedom fighter. He was talking about how India is today. One of the things he said was that the youngsters nowadays have no love for their country and are running to other countries. This came as a shock to me because being a youngster I know a lot of guyz who love this country as any patriot would do. However my mind raised a question to me. I am very patriotic and i love my country, but if given a chance will I go abroad and work. It was a tough question.Then i started thinkin about it. May be the reason is the society??or our politicians?? We have a lot of talented youngsters who can do magic in any given field but could not do it because of the lack of recognition. when someone foreigner pproaches such a young man and promises him a scholarship or research facility it is then the mind and the heart starts fighting . the mind will urge him to use this oppurtunity because it is a logical and sensible thing to do, where as the heart will stop him by talking about patriotism. this is probably the state of a lot of youngsters in India. To be or not to be in India. hope all the bloggers wil give ur opinions and correct me if i am wrong.

P.S : This article has no disrespect intended to the people who are abroad. am just sharing my view. If this hurts someone, I sincerely apologize

2 Comments:

Blogger Balaji S Rajan said...

You have just expressed what you have heard. I do not blame those elderly people. If they had a son or daughter and have visited then they will know what is life? A priest who is always inside the Karpagraham does not need to be religious. May be outwardly. At the same time, it does not mean if someone does not visit temple is an athiest. The same way to be patriotic you need live there. Patriotism should be in mind and action. What is the use of being just in the country and doing all harmful things to the society around. There are millions of people who are non patriotic by remaining in the country itself. This does not mean that whoever lives abroad is also patriotic. But I have read some Tamil writer saying about his experience when he went abroad..."Ovoru Indian vellinatual parkumbothu avanga mugathula oru sogam irukku...." Ido not need to say what sogam is that.... So... there it goes. (Please do not read my comment for being a person who is in abroad...not justifying).

1:24 AM  
Blogger Nallavan said...

dear balaji sir,
what u have said about being patriotic in mind and action is absolutely correct. as you said wherever u r and however rich u may be a patriotic person will definitely miss his homeland

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home