Thursday, October 06, 2005

A shame to a true Indian Hero

Recently I read an article in the tamil magazine kumudam jyothidam. It was about an article in the english newspaper 'Trinity Mirror'. The article was about the grave of the lengendary Rajput King Prithiviraj Chauhan at Ghajini, near Kabul. History shows that while fighting with the moghul king Mohammed Ghori, King Prithiviraj actually let Ghori go alive because he lost his sword and was unarmed. But, unfortunately for Prithiviraj, Ghori came to India again and this time captured Prithiviraj alive and took him to Afghanistan where he was beheaded and buried, next to which Ghori was later buried. The article shows that above the grave of Prithiviraj there is a rope, dangling from which the Afghans actually kick Prithiviraj's grave and then pray at Ghori's grave. This is a totally unacceptable insult to one of the bravest King in India. I think the Indian Govt. should do something to bring the remains of King Prithiviraj back to India where he should be properly honoured. This article came in the The Trinity Mirror dated August 1,2005. I tried to get the article from the net, but could not do it. If anybody finds the article please let me know the link.

3 Comments:

Blogger Devilish Angel said...

A bitter truth!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Nice post Nallavan. Interesting ...I like Indian History.

First - I would like to verify if this is true?? Any Historians in our group??? Any references that indeed this happened?? ( I mean Prithiraj's noble gesture and Ghori's brutal act).

Next - I'll verify with some of my Afghan friends living in the neighborhood..if this is true..indeed.!

But very interesting...I am blogrolling you if you don't mind.!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Nallavan said...

narayanan sir,
this article has been published in the trinity mirror dated august 1,2005. i tried to find it, but could not do it. if u find it plz lemme know.

i am very happy that ur blogrolling me

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home